Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Dude.Checkitout" <du...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/30 16:40:58 UTC

multiple IoC Registries

Getting the following error when refreshing/redeploying the web application
in JBoss. "[org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.SerializationSupport] Setting
a new service proxy provider when there's already an existing provider. This
may indicate that you have multiple IoC Registries."

For maintenance reasons, all the tapestry jar files are kept out of
WEB-INF/lib folder and kept in JBoss loadable folders. Each time the web app
reloads, above error is written into the log file. But the webapp is loaded
and "looks" fine.

We are observing some strange behavior about the service configurations and
wondering whether this error could be the cause of those?
Can anyone help understand this error? What part of tapestry is affected by
this error?

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-ioc/serialization.html
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-ioc/serialization.html   -
talks about this error but does not say how to solve it or the effect of
this error on the Tapestry behavior

Re: multiple IoC Registries

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Occasionally, I'll have a data object that stores a reference to
service.  Here's an example:

public class ActiveUser extends BaseOptimizedSessionPersistedObject
{
    private long userId;

    private final Session session;

    public ActiveUser(Session session)
    {
        this.session = session;
    }

    public long getUserId()
    {
        return userId;
    }

    public void setUserId(long userId)
    {
        markDirty();

        this.userId = userId;
    }

    public User getUser()
    {
        return userId == 0 ? null : (User) session.get(User.class, userId);
    }

    @Override
    public String toString()
    {
        return String.format("ActiveUser[userId=%d, session=%s]",
userId, session);
    }

}

This is an ApplicationStateObject, so it persists in the HttpSession,
but it uses the Hibernate Session as well.

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Dude.Checkitout
<du...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Howard.
>
> We have few Tapestry applications running in the same server. (and planning
> to have more)
> I am assuming it is going to cause issues based on your reply. What is the
> best way to avoid this issue?
>
> Just curious, at what point does a service(/proxy) gets
> serialized/de-serialized? I am getting this error only when I have more then
> one tapestry application and when the second webapp gets loaded...
>

> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>>
>> If you have only one Tapestry application, you can safely ignore this
>> warning.
>>
>> It's related to the code that allows services to be serialized (that
>> is, the service proxies are serializable even though the services
>> themselves are not). When a service is de-serialized, there's a static
>> variable used to identify the active Registry to connect to.  It's
>> ugly, but the Servlet API does not address this issue and so we are
>> left with this kludge.
>>
>> If you have only one Tapestry application deployed in your server, or
>> you never serialize a service proxy (the latter being a rather rare
>> occurance) then you can ignore the warnings.
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 7:40 AM, Dude.Checkitout
>> <du...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Getting the following error when refreshing/redeploying the web
>>> application
>>> in JBoss. "[org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.SerializationSupport]
>>> Setting
>>> a new service proxy provider when there's already an existing provider.
>>> This
>>> may indicate that you have multiple IoC Registries."
>>>
>>> For maintenance reasons, all the tapestry jar files are kept out of
>>> WEB-INF/lib folder and kept in JBoss loadable folders. Each time the web
>>> app
>>> reloads, above error is written into the log file. But the webapp is
>>> loaded
>>> and "looks" fine.
>>>
>>> We are observing some strange behavior about the service configurations
>>> and
>>> wondering whether this error could be the cause of those?
>>> Can anyone help understand this error? What part of tapestry is affected
>>> by
>>> this error?
>>>
>>> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-ioc/serialization.html
>>> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-ioc/serialization.html   -
>>> talks about this error but does not say how to solve it or the effect of
>>> this error on the Tapestry behavior
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>>
>> Creator Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: multiple IoC Registries

Posted by "Dude.Checkitout" <du...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Howard.