Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Jonathan Cowherd <jo...@genscape.com> on 2003/01/23 02:16:49 UTC

Any good setup examples with JMSAppender and JMSSink?

I'd like to investigate the JMSAppender and JMSSink.

    I assume that JMSSink works similar to SocketServer where it has it's
own log4j repository internally and would have a log4j.properties file that
would add appenders for LoggingEvents that it received from the JMSAppender.

    Anyone have any good example?  I assume if the previous statement is
correct, the a JMSAppender would look like:

#  Guess'd log4j.properties file
#
log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, Default
### The JMS appender
log4j.appender.Default=org.apache.log4j.net.JMSAppender
log4j.appender.Default.LocationInfo=(Boolean)?  //sets where to say where
I'm at?
log4j.appender.Default.UserName=myusername
log4j.appender.Default.Password=mypassword
log4j.appender.Default.ProviderURL=providerURL
log4j.appender.Default.SecurityCredentials=mycredentials    // what is this
for?
log4j.appender.Default.SecurityPrincipalName=myPName    // what is this for?
log4j.appender.Default.TopicBindingName=mytopic
log4j.appender.Default.TopicConnectionFactoryBindingName=myfactory
log4j.apppender.Default.URLPkgPrefixes=myprefix

I've got a working understanding of JMS, but nothing extensive.  Any help or
remarks would be appreciated.

Jonathan Paul Cowherd
Linux and Java Administrator
Genscape, Inc.