Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by ur...@free.fr on 2005/06/22 12:11:44 UTC

Problems with POI and OLD JDK

Hello,

I work on IBM AS/400 (os V4R5) with WebSphere 2.0.2, a JVM version 1.1.8 !
wouhou !
[I can't update the JVM]

I need to use API POI to create XLS files with a servlet.
I compile POI 2.5.1 Source Code with the last J2SDK [on local] to generate class
files that will work with my jvm
(cross-compilation -target 1.1).

On local machine, the program test bellow work with JDK 1.4.2_08 [I use IDE
Eclipse 3.0] :

import java.io.IOException;
import java.io.FileOutputStream;
import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFRow;
import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFSheet;
import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook;

public class Poi
{

	public static void main(String[] args)
	{
	 try
	 {
	  FileOutputStream fileOut = new FileOutputStream("toto.xls");
	  HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook();
	  HSSFSheet sheet1 = wb.createSheet();
	  HSSFRow row = sheet1.createRow((short)0);
	}
	catch (IOException e)
	{
	 e.printStackTrace();
	 System.out.println(e.getMessage());
	}
	}
}---------------------------------------------------------

And on the server, or on the local machine with the JDK 1.1.8, I have this
exception :
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/util/HashMap
	at
	at
	at Poi.main(Poi.java:14)

And there, I don't know what to do, BECAUSE I don't want to waste my time
trying to compile HashMap Source Code and surely others class to finally have
something that
doesn't work !!!

Maybe there is a POI version using JDK 1.1.8.......

Pls, give me a solution !!!

Thank YOU !