Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Ben Browning <bb...@redhat.com> on 2017/05/31 20:59:04 UTC

Red Hat and Apache OpenWhisk

My name is Ben Browning and I lead the Serverless and
Function-as-a-Service engineering team at Red Hat. After much
research, evaluation, and internal discussion I'm pleased to announce
that we've decided to refocus our own Serverless efforts from the
Funktion project (https://funktion.fabric8.io/) to Apache OpenWhisk.

We look forward to filing issues, creating pull requests,
participating in dev discussions, giving conference talks, and
contributing however we can to ensure Apache OpenWhisk's continued
success.

Thanks for all your hard work that makes my job so much easier!

Ben

Re: Red Hat and Apache OpenWhisk

Posted by Animesh Singh <an...@gmail.com>.
Welcome! Looking forward to make the world serverless together, one by one :-)

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Ben
  Glad to have Red Hat on board, this is great news.

Want to echo Markus words "Welcome to the Family" !!!

--Carlos

Posted by Markus Thömmes <ma...@me.com>.
Hi Ben,

Posted by Rob Allen <ro...@akrabat.com>.
Hey Ben,

This is exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Regards,

Rob...

Posted by Daniel Krook <kr...@us.ibm.com>.
Excellent news! Welcome!

> From: Ben Browning
> Subject: Red Hat and Apache OpenWhisk
>
> My name is Ben Browning and I lead the Serverless and
> Function-as-a-Service engineering team at Red Hat. After much
> research, evaluation, and internal discussion I'm pleased to announce
> that we've decided to refocus our own Serverless efforts from the
> Funktion project (https://funktion.fabric8.io/) to Apache OpenWhisk.
>
> We look forward to filing issues, creating pull requests,
> participating in dev discussions, giving conference talks, and
> contributing however we can to ensure Apache OpenWhisk's continued
> success.
>
> Thanks for all your hard work that makes my job so much easier!
>
> Ben

Daniel Krook
http://krook.info/

Re: Red Hat and Apache OpenWhisk

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Great news ! Thanks, Ben for sharing and welcome to here.

Looking forward to your and your team’s contributions.

Regards
Felix

Re: Apache blog infra [was: Re: Red Hat and Apache OpenWhisk]

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Isabel. Hello, Dr. Nauerz!

Whilst you're welcome to use whichever blogging platform you'd like, we
recommend that Apache projects use blogs.apache.org where-ever possible.
I would like to bring to your attention to
https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/if_it_s_not_at , where all
official ASF communications must originate from *.apache.org. I
understand that blogging may be less formal, but if it's the "voice" of
the project, you may wish to reconsider.
Should you choose to use blogs.a.o as your blogging platform, please
open a JIRA ticket so that our Infrastructure team can set up an
OpenWhisk directory for you --similar to https://blogs.apache.org/ofbiz/
. Also be sure to request that they provide you with blogging
credentials <g>
Do let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Warm regards,
Sally

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656
Skype sallykhudairi

Posted by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org>.

Posted by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andreas Nauerz <an...@de.ibm.com>.
Super; thanks Ben.

1) Logo
Feel free to sent the logo directly to me; I will then make sure it gets
added to the supporters section on openwhisk.org.

I also assume that it will be okay if we start including you (and hence
the logo) when talking about OpenWhisk at meetups/events/in front of
analysts, right?
(Already asked Morten for permission, too)

2) Blog post
If okay for you let's start drafting something jointly; if you let me know
your medium account/handle I can add you as a "writer" so we can start
working on that.

Really looking forward to working with you guys...

Thanks.

From:   Ben Browning <bb...@redhat.com>
To:     dev@openwhisk.apache.org
Date:   01/06/2017 19:33
Subject:        Re: Red Hat and Apache OpenWhisk

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'll get you a logo and agree a blog
post would be good. I'll followup on that as well.

http://openwhisk.org/supporters> http://openwhisk.org/supporters
> I also think it may make sense to inform the world about this
collaboration via a short blog post to be added under our medium.com<
http://medium.com> channel: https://medium.com/openwhisk - thoughts?

> Thanks.
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
>
> Dr. Andreas Nauerz
>
> Technical Product Manager |Master Inventor | Member TEC Central Region
> IBM Cloud, Bluemix
> ________________________________
>

> Phone:  +49-7034-643-2954        IBM Deutschland
>
> E-Mail: andreas.nauerz@de.ibm.com<ma...@de.ibm.com>
Schoenaicher Str. 220

Posted by Ben Browning <bb...@redhat.com>.

From:        "Daniel Krook" <kr...@us.ibm.com>>
To:        dev@openwhisk.apache.org<ma...@openwhisk.apache.org>
Date:        31/05/2017 23:33
________________________________

Excellent news! Welcome!

> From: Ben Browning
> Subject: Red Hat and Apache OpenWhisk
>
> My name is Ben Browning and I lead the Serverless and
> Function-as-a-Service engineering team at Red Hat. After much
> research, evaluation, and internal discussion I'm pleased to announce
> that we've decided to refocus our own Serverless efforts from the
> Funktion project (https://funktion.fabric8.io/) to Apache OpenWhisk.
>
> We look forward to filing issues, creating pull requests,
> participating in dev discussions, giving conference talks, and
> contributing however we can to ensure Apache OpenWhisk's continued
> success.
>
> Thanks for all your hard work that makes my job so much easier!
>
> Ben

Daniel Krook
http://krook.info/

Re: Red Hat and Apache OpenWhisk

From:   "Daniel Krook" <kr...@us.ibm.com>
To:     dev@openwhisk.apache.org
Date:   31/05/2017 23:33

Excellent news! Welcome!

> From: Ben Browning
> Subject: Red Hat and Apache OpenWhisk
>
> My name is Ben Browning and I lead the Serverless and
> Function-as-a-Service engineering team at Red Hat. After much
> research, evaluation, and internal discussion I'm pleased to announce
> that we've decided to refocus our own Serverless efforts from the
> Funktion project (https://funktion.fabric8.io/) to Apache OpenWhisk.
>
> We look forward to filing issues, creating pull requests,
> participating in dev discussions, giving conference talks, and
> contributing however we can to ensure Apache OpenWhisk's continued
> success.
>
> Thanks for all your hard work that makes my job so much easier!
>
> Ben

Daniel Krook
http://krook.info/