Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com> on 2017/01/24 20:29:26 UTC

Decanter scheduler causes SSH session creations

Hi there

We have decanter running for quite a while. So far we always ignored tons of the following log messages logged by the bundle "org.apache.sshd.core":

"Server session created from /10.41.83.87:59905"

"Exception caught"

I've figured out that this is logged every time the scheduler collects all the data to be sent to the configured appender. I've increased and decreased the scheduler intervall. The intervall of the above messages were always aligned with the intervall of the scheduler.

I was googling and found the following discussion:

http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-Decanter-td4042096.html

where the same messages are logged as well but were not part of the discussion really.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Oli

Karaf - User - Karaf Decanter<http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-Decanter-td4042096.html>
karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com
Karaf Decanter. Hi, I have installed the Decanter related features in a clean Karaf 3.0.3 and JDK 1.7. feature:repo-add...

Re: Decanter scheduler causes SSH session creations

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

yes, it's known and actually it's not directly related to Decanter.

This is due to the instance list and check: when Decanter JMX collector
harvests the InstanceMBean, the MBean actually checks the status of the
instances using SSH (including the root instance). That's why you see
the log message.

So, you can:
1. set the logger to OFF for the ssh logger
2. exclude the InstanceMBean from the Decanter JMX Collector
configuration to avoid to harvest on it.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr