Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by 谢良 <xi...@xiaomi.com> on 2012/10/22 04:00:24 UTC

How to speedup test case running?

Hi devs,

are there any tips or parameters to pass to "mvn test" to make the running more aggressively?  it costs me almost two hours for a "mvn test" run under "haddop-hdfs" directory.  I tried the magic in HBase community(ramdisk & surefire.secondPartThreadCount),  seems didn't work here:)

Best,
Liang

Re: How to speedup test case running?

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@alumni.cmu.edu>.
Hi,

You can run a specific test with mvn eclipse -Dtest=<test-name>

I find that junit tests start more quickly when run within Eclipse.
If you're interested, you can find instructions on setting up eclipse
here:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment

cheers,
Colin