Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de> on 2012/07/06 09:07:46 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, July 6, 9 am Pacific Time

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, July 6 at 9 am Pacific Time to
discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

Dial-in numbers are:
US Toll free: 866 682-4770
Germany Frankfurt 069222216106
Germany Toll free: 08006648515
(Other countries by request)

To place the call:
1. Call the toll free number.
2. Enter the conference number 939-3689#
3. Enter the security code 1111#

Agenda:

1. News on "Automate OSGi bundling in JDO 3.1+ build"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-694?
2. News on patch JDO-707 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-707?
Check for best practice.
3. Autocommit or nontransactional actions:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-589
4. Reorganize sources to conform with maven conventions
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-711
5. Convert spec to OpenOffice https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-716
6. jdo-user discussion "How to annotate a column to represent "int
unsigned" datatype ?"
     followup discussion:
http://www.datanucleus.org/servlet/forum/viewthread_thread,7196
7. What's needed to release 3.1? Go to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10630,
     click "Issues" in the menu on the left and then click "JDO 3
maintenance release 1 (3.1)" under "Unresolved: By Version"
8. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:
[Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.
[Jun 01 2012] AI Matthew ask on maven user list about best practice of
parent & child poms in a multi-module maven project.

--
*Michael Bouschen*
*Prokurist*

akquinet tech@spree GmbH
Bülowstr. 66, D-10783 Berlin

Fon:   +49 30 235 520-33
Fax:   +49 30 217 520-12
Email: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de
Web: www.akquinet.de <http://www.akquinet.de>

akquinet tech@spree GmbH, Berlin
USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, July 13, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. News on "Automate OSGi bundling in JDO 3.1+ build" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-694?

no change.

2. News on patch JDO-707 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
JDO-707? Check for best practice.

no change.

3. Autocommit or nontransactional actions: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-589

no change.

4. Reorganize sources to conform with maven conventions https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-711

no change.

5. Convert spec to OpenOffice https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-716

Proposal: in your editor, set "record changes" and optionally "show
changes" while we are working on the 3.1 changes. Don't "accept
changes" until we are ready to publish. WDYT?

Indexes did not get converted to .odt. AI Michelle: take a look at
manually recreating index entries.

The figure style might be different where the caption goes. AI
Michelle see about changing the style.

The Chapter headings look different for single-digit and multi-digit
chapter numbers. What do do?

6. What's needed to release 3.1? Go to https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10630
,
   click "Issues" in the menu on the left and then click "JDO 3
maintenance release 1 (3.1)" under "Unresolved: By Version"

AI Craig, Michelle update the spec.
AI Craig review again how to release the 3.1 through JCP channels

Action Items from weeks past:
[Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.
[Jun 01 2012] AI Matthew ask on maven user list about best practice of
parent & child poms in a multi-module maven project.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, July 6, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. News on "Automate OSGi bundling in JDO 3.1+ build" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-694?

no change.

2. News on patch JDO-707 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
JDO-707? Check for best practice.

no change.

3. Autocommit or nontransactional actions: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-589

no change.

4. Reorganize sources to conform with maven conventions https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-711

no change.

5. Convert spec to OpenOffice https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-716

Michelle has checked in the spec. AI Everyone please take a look. Read
the README.odt in trunk/specification/OOO.

6. jdo-user discussion "How to annotate a column to represent "int
unsigned" datatype ?"
    followup discussion: http://www.datanucleus.org/servlet/forum/viewthread_thread,7196

7. What's needed to release 3.1? Go to https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10630
,
    click "Issues" in the menu on the left and then click "JDO 3
maintenance release 1 (3.1)" under "Unresolved: By Version"

AI Craig update the spec.
AI Matthew update the structure of the project.

Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, July 6, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Matthew Adams <ma...@matthewadams.me>.
Can't make meeting today...out of town.  Sorry.  No change in status.

--
mailto:matthew@matthewadams.me <ma...@matthewadams.me>
skype:matthewadams12