Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Wilm Schumacher <wi...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/18 01:11:30 UTC

What's the best way to reduce to map or array?

Hi,

if I can guarantee that the size of the array/map is reasonable small,
what would be the best way to reduce to an array, arrayList, map or
somthing like that?

Something like TableReducer, but for an object in the memory of the main
thread.

I thought of using a TableReducer and scanning the resulting table, but
this could lead to race conditions. And if I use a FileOutputFormat I
would have to create a lot of code for using different output files and
parsing of the file etc. This isn't that hard, but I would rather avoid
writing a lot of code for that task which I have to maintain if there is
a smarter plan to do this.

Any hint is appreciated :/

Best wishes,

Wilm