Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Parfitt <di...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/24 23:39:56 UTC

TC5 / Solaris CPU usage

Hi -
  I'm having a problem using Tomcat 5.0.16 on Solaris 9.
We've just upgraded to Tomcat 5 from 4.x and are having a problem
with CPU usage. After we start our app, the CPU
load goes to 50% and never goes below this number.
Does anyone else have any experience with this problem?
Running truss shows that Java is in a tight loop doing a yield().
(We don't have any code that uses threads outside of the Tomcat
code, and we aren't in an infinite loop anywhere).

We are using:
java version "1.4.2_04"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05)

JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xms300m -Xmx1000m"
export JAVA_OPTS

I've also tried using these in JAVA_OPTS:
-Xconcurrentio  -Xincgc

SunOS foo 5.9 Generic_112233-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers -
Dave