Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Amarjeet Singh <am...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/27 13:25:31 UTC

INFO REQUIRED : Support of Shell Mode in Guacamole

Hi Team,

I was trying to run a program using shell command instead of Remote app.

It seems that Guacamole doesn't support the shell command.

Below are the parameters of freeRDP  which is used to open any progam in
shell mode.

*/shell*
*Alternate shell*
*/shell-dir*
*Shell working directory*

How can I use it in Guacamole ?  Do Guacamole support it or not ?

Thanks and Regards,
Amarjeet Singh

Re: INFO REQUIRED : Support of Shell Mode in Guacamole

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 8:25 AM, Amarjeet Singh <am...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>

> I was trying to run a program using shell command instead of Remote app.
>
> It seems that Guacamole doesn't support the shell command.
>

> Below are the parameters of freeRDP  which is used to open any progam in
> shell mode.
>
> */shell*
> *Alternate shell*
> */shell-dir*
> *Shell working directory*
>
> How can I use it in Guacamole ?  Do Guacamole support it or not ?

It does not look like that parameter is currently supported in Guacamole.
Adding it should be relatively trivial - adding it to the rdp.json file in
the gaucamole-client code, and then a few lines of code on the server-side
to translate between a Guacamole parameter and the corresponding FreeRDP
API call.

-Nick

Re: INFO REQUIRED : Support of Shell Mode in Guacamole

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Nov 27, 2017 17:20, "Amarjeet Singh" <am...@gmail.com> wrote:

@Mike  I already tried with initial-program but it is showing black screen .

Is there anything that I am missing ?

Check the logs from guacd.

Any other parameters ?

No, however you may need to enable the ability to set the shell within the
group policy of the RDP server. Newer versions of Windows use the same
RemoteApp backend system for this, as well, so that may come into play, at
least as far as group policy is concerned.

If nothing is amiss in the guacd logs, and you are positive that the
program specified exists at the path specified, check the Windows event
logs. Something may jump out.

- Mike

Re: INFO REQUIRED : Support of Shell Mode in Guacamole

Posted by Amarjeet Singh <am...@gmail.com>.
@Mike  I already tried with initial-program but it is showing black screen .

Is there anything that I am missing ?
Any other parameters ?

Regards,
Amarjeet Singh

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>

> I was trying to run a program using shell command instead of Remote app.
>
> It seems that Guacamole doesn't support the shell command.

It does.

> Below are the parameters of freeRDP  which is used to open any progam in
> shell mode.
>
> */shell*
> *Alternate shell*

The parameter for this in Guacamole is "initial-program":

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#rdp-session-settings

*/shell-dir*
> *Shell working directory*

Guacamole does not currently provide a parameter for the shell working
directory.

- Mike