Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Abu Taha <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/02 13:09:22 UTC

Re: Why my ACTIVEMQ_ACKS table stays empty?

We want to track the consumer applications that which message has been
consumed by which consumer while we use queues. For this purpose we use COA
and COD in WebshereMQ.
How can we achive the above required results in ActiveMQ.

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 2, 2008, at 12:09 PM, Abu Taha wrote:

> We want to track the consumer applications that which message has been
> consumed by which consumer while we use queues. For this purpose we
> use COA
> and COD in WebshereMQ.
> How can we achive the above required results in ActiveMQ.
>
> James.Strachan wrote:
>>
>> On 8/6/07, Qian Su <qs...@linkedin.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, we are using only queues with persistent messaging, rather than
>>> durable
>>> topic subscriptions since we have only a single consumer per
>>> message.
>>> So,
>>> it is normal to see the ACTIVEMQ_ACKS table empty?
>>
>> Yes - as I said that table is not used for queues, its only used for
>> durable topic subscriptions. For acknowledgement of messages on
>> queues, we delete the message row.
>>
>> --
>> James
>> -------
>> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

You might want to add your own Broker plugin - see http://activemq.apache.org/developing-plugins.html
  - to track the state of which consumer consumed which message
by all means - contribute it back! ;)

cheers,

Rob

http://open.iona.com/ -Enterprise Open Integration