Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Mark Ng <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2011/03/29 23:27:09 UTC

how to setup ssl for server part of webservice without using embedded jetty?

Hi,

I need help in configuring a webservice to use ssl, basically i have adapted the wsdl_first_https to my application which will be running in webspehere. It all seems to work fine but i am concerned about embedding jetty in my application when websphere already has its own servlet container etc will this cause problems?
The requirements for the project is to provide mutual authentication between the client and the server using certificates no need for ws security. The wsdl_first_https sample application is for a standalone webservice there doesn't seem to be any example how to secure the server when it is running inside an application server like websphere. It is possible to provide an example of spring xml file that is configured on the server to use SSL without using the tags like  <httpj:engine-factory>?
Basically can you please advise me what is the best way of configuring the webserver (server part) in an application to use SSL (massl)?
RegardsMark

Re: how to setup ssl for server part of webservice without using embedded jetty?

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
No, you don't need any config on the HttpDestination.

--
从我的移动设备发送

Re: how to setup ssl for server part of webservice without using embedded jetty?

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
On 2011-3-30, at 上午7:56, Mark Ng wrote:

> Thanks
> I kind of figured that this had to be configured in the appsever
> (websphere) just needed confirmation. Just one more question my
> spring xml file has the following in it.
> <http:destination name="*.http-destination"/> If it set up SSL in
> the appserver is this still reqiured? I'm assuming i should delete it.
Yeah, you can delete it.

Freeman

--
Freeman Fang

------------------------

FuseSource: http://fusesource.com
blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/freemanfang
Apache Cxf: http://cxf.apache.org
Apache Karaf: http://karaf.apache.org
Apache Felix: http://felix.apache.org

Re: how to setup ssl for server part of webservice without using embedded jetty?

Posted by Mark Ng <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.