Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Matthew Carey <ma...@ssl.co.uk> on 2004/06/15 11:29:40 UTC

Absolute links in wsdl files

This is the comment I foolishly put on JIRA

I am not sure this is an error but:

The wsdl files that get placed like the one below.

http://localhost:8080/wsrp/wsdl/wsrp4j_service.wsdl

Have absolute links to localhost rather than the IP/hostname address of
the machine that is serving them, thus a remote wsdl client will
generate stuff for the machine it is on not the machine serving up.

Now Jill's response was.

 >wsrp_service.wsdl is just a sample.
 >
 >The SwingConsumer doesn't even look at it at runtime.

My point is that under Unix it is trivial to automatically edit the
files at install time to insert the IP address/name of the machine involved.

I just noticed as I had a go at pointing the .NET wsdl.exe program at
the installation on my linux box.

Re: Absolute links in wsdl files

Posted by Julie MacNaught <jm...@apache.org>.
Yes, we already have the Tomcat port and Tomcat host that we collect
from the build.properties file.  If you can post changes to the
build.xml file to edit the file (on wsrp4j-dev@ws.apache.org, of course
:-) ), I will commit them.

--
Julie MacNaught