Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Claire <cl...@newgens.com.sg> on 2013/12/12 04:54:30 UTC

Archive files using apache camel

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to do archive files in camel. Once I translated
from my csv file into xml file, there will be many xml file. What I would
like to do is to do archive files (number of files to be archived would
depends on properties file).

Thank you much in advance.

Re: Archive files using apache camel

Posted by Claire <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Thank you guys.

I achieved this using scheduler task at OS level by some batch script file.

Re: Archive files using apache camel

Posted by Dharmendra Patel <dh...@gmail.com>.
Hi There,
In camel there is a camel-zipfile component. But i think it works for
single file only.

http://camel.apache.org/zip-file-dataformat.html

I am not sure but i think camel-exec component may work in your case.

 http://camel.apache.org/exec.html

Re: Archive files using apache camel

Posted by Claire <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Thanks Willem!

There are csv files I have to convert to xml files. Once I done converting
to xml files, I have to place those converted xml files into a specific
folder. There will be many xml files inside that folder. So I would like to
do some housekeeping activities to that folder. (e.g archive 10 xml files or
12 xml files, number of files to be archived might be based on the
properties file) just for housekeeping. I wonder if there is a way to do
that using camel.

Thanks

Re: Archive files using apache camel

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I’m not sure what you need to do to archive the files.
Can you elaborate your requirement?

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.