Posted to user@abdera.apache.org by Chris Berry <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/25 16:51:07 UTC

atom categories

Per the spec, an Entry can be a part of several Categories (an
extremely useful concept ;-)

The spec indicates that these are simply listed without a surrounding
"list element"
e.g.
<entry>
      <category/>
      <author/>
      <category/>
</entry>

Or should one use the <categories> element (used by Service docs)

<entry>
     <categories>
          <category>
          <category>
    </categories>
    <author>
</entry>

Or perhaps with a wrapping <collection>
I think not, but there is so much I don't know ;-)

Thanks,
-- Chris

S'all good  ---   chriswberry at gmail dot com

Re: atom categories

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
With atom:entry, atom:feed and atom:source, categories are listed
without a container element.  The app:categories element is part of the
Atompub spec and is used to tell atompub clients what atom:category
elements can be used in an entry.

- James