Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jeff Ramsdale <JR...@SolutionsIQ.com> on 2005/04/11 08:29:35 UTC

[chain] Is ContextBase really serializable?

We're working on a project in which we would like to run our Commands
on worker agents, distributing them via Jini. We expected to be able
to serialize our ContextBase subclass instances and load them into an
entry in a JavaSpace. Another part of our code serializes an object
containing our chain's context, and we're getting a NotSerializable
exception from ContextBase indicating PropertyDescriptor is not
serializable. So we're worried that if we can't serialize locally we
won't be able to serialize to the JavaSpace which throws off the whole
concept we were going for (distributed Commands).

Here's what gave us the impression ContextBase was serializable:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/chain/apidocs/serialized-form.html

Thoughts?

Jeff Ramsdale
SolutionsIQ

Re: [chain] Is ContextBase really serializable?

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
ContextBase was certainly *intended* to be Serializable.  It sounds
like you've discovered a bug.  Could you please report that in the
issue tracking system?

    http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/

Craig