Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu> on 1998/07/08 03:19:22 UTC

think pleasant thoughts

An awful lot of people seem to be taking it personally whenever
a committed change is criticized, let alone reversed.  Please try
to keep in mind that this is the "other half" of the commit-then-review
process.  If you don't send in your patches for pre-review, you
shouldn't be too sensitive about them being changed or pulled-out
with any more pre-review than the original change.

It would be nice if we could just relax a little bit and focus the
list on specific problems that need to be fixed.  The fact is we all
have different coding styles (some of which belong in a freak show ;)
and there's no point in bitching about it.

.....Roy