Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Yuan Tian <ja...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/08 10:08:24 UTC

[VOTE] Apache IoTDB 0.12.6 RC1 release

Hi all,

Apache IoTDB 0.12.6 is a bug-fix version from 0.12.5. You can get its
mainly changes from [5].

Apache IoTDB 0.12.6 has been staged under [2] and it’s time to vote
on accepting it for release.  All Maven artifacts are available under [1].
Voting will be open for 72hr.
A minimum of 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 than binding -1
are required to pass.

Release tag: v0.12.6
Hash for the release tag: eeb67fab595e090bfc67c62f45017d618acd24cf

Before voting +1, PMC members are required to download
the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test
the resulting executable on their own platform, along with also
verifying that the package meets the requirements of the ASF policy
on releases. [3]

You can achieve the above by following [4].

[ ]  +1 accept (indicate what you validated - e.g. performed the
non-RM items in [4])
[ ]  -1 reject (explanation required)

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheiotdb-1079
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iotdb/0.12.6/rc1
[3] https://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release
[4] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IOTDB/Validating+a+staged+Release
[5] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iotdb/0.12.6/rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.md
[6] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iotdb/KEYS

Best,
-------------
Yuan Tian

Re: [VOTE] Apache IoTDB 0.12.6 RC1 release

Posted by Gaofei Cao <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi, +1 (binding)

I checked these on my Mac (Apple M1 Pro), JDK 1.8

The source release:
LICENSE and NOTICE [ok]
signatures and hashes [ok]
could compile from source: mvn clean install [not ok], some generated
py files should be ignored by rat checker

The binary distribution:
signatures and hashes [ok]
start server and CLI in mac, jdk1.8 [ok]
Could run with the following statements [ok]

SET STORAGE GROUP TO root.turbine;
CREATE TIMESERIES root.turbine.d1.s0 WITH DATATYPE=DOUBLE, ENCODING=GORILLA;
insert into root.turbine.d1(timestamp,s0) values(1,1);
insert into root.turbine.d1(timestamp,s0) values(2,2);
insert into root.turbine.d1(timestamp,s0) values(3,3);
select * from root;

----
Gaofei Cao
Apache IoTDB PMC