Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by padma priya chitturi <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/21 08:21:49 UTC

Storm logging details

Hi,

I just wanted to know how logging is performed in storm. I am currently
using storm-0.9.0.1. I couldn't make out where is the directory storm/logs
being used in storm python script. Running the daemons nimbus and
supervisor seems to read storm/logback/cluster.xml as input. where is this
xml file parsed and read ?

Thanks,
Padma Ch.

Re: Storm logging details

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.
For shell bolts and shell spouts they can write out special log commands
that get read and logged by the java process.  If you write directly out
to stderr it is also logged by the java process.

-Bobby

Re: Storm logging details

Posted by yogesh panchal <ys...@gmail.com>.
hi,

How you are running python topology ? if you are using petrel library &
running single node cluster then you can find logs in /tmp/ folder.

--
Thanks & Regards

Yogesh Panchal