Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Graham Turrell <GT...@uk.ibm.com> on 2006/09/11 18:29:13 UTC

[WODEN-USER :)] how to access xsi:schemaLocation attribute of from either parser?

Hi List,

Here's a "WODEN-USER" type posting :)

I've been rummaging around for some time trying to find out how to access
the xsi:schemaLocation attribute via the API, in the following parsed
fragment of WSDL2:

<description targetNamespace="http://example.com/bank"
             xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2006/01/wsdl"
                  xsi:schemaLocation=
                      "http://www.w3.org/2006/01/wsdl
http://www.w3.org/2006/01/wsdl/wsdl20.xsd
                       http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd" >

Can anyone tell me how this should be done, at least in theory?
(As far as parsing is concerned, I can see that
parseExtensionAttributes(...) is intended to do that,
though the method is a TODO in the OM parser, and in the DOM parser
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance is explicitly excluded from being
parsed).

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Graham.
Graham C Turrell CEng, MBCS
Chartered IT Practitioner

WebSphere ESB Foundation Technologies
DE3F16 / MP 211
IBM Labs
Hursley Park
Winchester, Hampshire
England.  SO21 2JN

Tel +44-(0)1962-815018
email: gturrell@uk.ibm.com

"No army can withstand the force of an idea whose time
has come.". -Victor Hugo

Re: [WODEN-USER :)] how to access xsi:schemaLocation attribute of from either parser?

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
OK fair point.

Jeremy

Posted by Oshani Seneviratne <os...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the clarification and I guess your explanation answers the
original question in this thread.

You asked: "Do you need it at parse time? "
Well, I guess we need it as an extension attribute and nothing more. So, it
would be okay have the same treatment for it as any other extension
attribute.
As you suggested we could implement getXsiSchemaLocation() from
DescriptionElement and leave it upto the client app to decide what to do
with the schema representation. (I was initially of the opinion that Woden
should take care of the schema too.)

Thanks,
Oshani.

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>.