Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2003/12/02 19:00:45 UTC

Front end redesign

Wes, Peter,

I've been playing around with some of the things you guys were
talking about concerning NIO.  I started reformulating a new
design to the server with NIO in mind and with less interdependence
between components in the server using a better event manager.

I know I could incorporate Wes's changes and Peter's suggestings
into a front end redesign within days and have started to do that
to some degree.  However I would like to openly redesign the front
end together rather than forging ahead.  This will cost some time
however it will make sure that we have the right design.  Ultimately
this design can be used for any state-full protocol server that
is SEDA based.

What do you say?

Alex

Re: Front end redesign

Posted by Wes McKean <wm...@logictrends.com>.
I'm all for it.  Tell us what you have in mind...

Wes