Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2010/08/27 01:24:36 UTC

Step to automate Setup for entityengine.xml

Davids MultiTentant uses the database to define the settings for the DB
access.
I was thinking of doing something similar for entityengine.xml so it
becomes seed data.
everyone starts off using derby for demo and loading the
entityengine.xml into it own database.
then the setup config can access this to set the datasources and delegators.
the setup can test to validate the new db setup and then initialize the
tables and seed data.
All without restarting ofbiz.
part of the setup would transfer the setup to the new database with the
steps already done.
the setup program will then continue to add the custom data that the
user needs to run ofbiz for his company.

so a developers focus would to be to create setup packages for different
businesses.
these could be charged for.

any thoughts?

=========================
BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Re: Step to automate Setup for entityengine.xml

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
all my proposal for change include migration.
so under the migration plan it would read the current cached connection
or from the entityengine.xml and update the new EntityEngine entity.
under the this way there would be no entityengine.xml to overwrite
legacy entityengine.xml, since it would now be in the Data folder as
seed data.
I have part of proof of concept done.
will create a jira once completed.

BJ Freeman  <http://bjfreeman.elance.com>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Wai sent the following on 8/27/2010 7:26 AM:

Posted by Wai <bz...@gmail.com>.