Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/04 10:23:26 UTC

Re: [OT] jira workflow WAS: Commented: (TILES-506) Fix link to jira under "Project Information --> Issue tracking"

2010/5/4 Mck <mi...@semb.wever.org>:
> On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 09:35 +0200, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
>> Not the issue, the version in the "Fix for" field of Jira issues. The
>> issues should be moved to a higher version.
>
> Couldn't this just be done in the same bulk step as when you change all
> the issues to closed?
> That is all those resolved issues remain resolved until one of the "test
> builds" is successfully made into a release X.Y.Z. At that point then
> all those resolved issues are bulk changed to "closed" and "Fix for
> X.Y.X".

We want to avoid the bulk change from resolved to closed, not the "fix
fore" bulk change. The latter is mandatory anyway.

> It's not so important, as i've marked the subject OT

Why? It's perfectly On Topic!

> but i'm presuming
> that apache doesn't give anyone here the rights to remove the "resolved"
> state from the TILES jira project, and so am wondering if there's a way
> to better use it. Nobody likes dead wood!

I did not try, but probably I can create a separate custom workflow as
I did in Struts' Jira.
I can try it this evening (CET) at home if you like.

Antonio