Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Parvat Singh Ranawat <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/04 10:56:03 UTC

problem in writing scope="session" in actionMappingDefination

Hi All,

I wanted to know what are the drawbacks of using
SCOPE= "session" in place of "request" in actionMappingDefination

  <action name="formName"  type="ActionName"
 validate="false" parameter="action" scope="request"
path="/xyz/abc">

Is it all depend upon our requirement or it is good practice to use
scope="request" in place of session
as if we do so it ll take lot of memory to store list of data in the
sessionScope that may be avoided

please do give me some suggestions as in my application some work can be
accomplished by keeping scope="session"
and i can do the work by keeping scope="request" but some additional code is
required to do that .........

so should I go with scope="session" or not

Regards

Shakti Singh