Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Max Von Tilden <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2013/09/04 20:19:00 UTC

Python UDFs with Pig (support for Filter functions?)

Quick question from a Pig noob...in 0.11 does Pig support developing filter functions developed in Python? Is there any documentation or examples that anyone knows of?
thx,
John

Re: Python UDFs with Pig (support for Filter functions?)

Posted by Aniket Mokashi <an...@gmail.com>.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/UDFsUsingScriptingLanguages

Now that we have a boolean datatype, filter function is just an evalfunc of
boolean.

~Aniket

--
"...:::Aniket:::... Quetzalco@tl"

Re: Python UDFs with Pig (support for Filter functions?)

Posted by Serega Sheypak <se...@gmail.com>.
It should work.