Posted to announce@apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@apache.org> on 2013/01/29 15:24:33 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-M15 released

The Apache Directory Team is proud to announce the availability of the
1.0.0-M15 version of the Apache Directory LDAP API.

The Apache Directory LDAP client API is an ongoing effort to provide
an enhanced LDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAP
API (jLdap and Mozilla LDAP API).

This is a schema aware API, with some convenient ways to access a LDAP
server. This API is not only targeting the Apache Directory Server,
but should work pristine with any LDAP server.

It's also an extensible API : new Controls, schema elements and
network layer could be added or used in the near future. It's also
OSGi capable.

Here are the release notes for Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-M15:
* [DIRAPI-112] - Review Package Names

Feel free to experiment, we highly appreciate your feedback !

Website : http://directory.apache.org/api
Download : http://directory.apache.org/api/downloads.html
User's Guide : http://directory.apache.org/api/user-guide.html

The Apache Directory Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-M15 released

Posted by Hendy Irawan <he...@soluvas.com>.
Awesome !

Thank you Pierre-Arnaud, Emmanuel ! :)

Hendy

--
Hendy Irawan - on Twitter <http://twitter.com/hendybippo> - on
LinkedIn<http://id.linkedin.com/in/hendyirawan>

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-M15 released

Posted by Hendy Irawan <he...@soluvas.com>.
Awesome !

Posted by Daniel Fisher <df...@vt.edu>.
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 3:46 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 1/29/13 9:34 PM, Daniel Fisher a écrit :
>> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
>> <pa...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> The Apache Directory Team is proud to announce the availability of the
>>> 1.0.0-M15 version of the Apache Directory LDAP API.
>> Are the jars still being published to maven central? I can't seem to find them.
> http://search.maven.org/#search|ga|1|g%3A%22org.apache.directory.api%22%20AND%20v%3A%221.0.0-M15%22
>
> Seems to be present.
>
> Note that we renamed the package from shared to api, this is probably
> why you dont find them.

Thanks, I was expecting the jars here:
http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.apache.directory.api%7Capache-ldap-api%7C1.0.0-M15%7Cpom
I found what I need.

--Daniel Fisher

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-M15 released

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 1/29/13 9:34 PM, Daniel Fisher a écrit :
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot
> <pa...@apache.org> wrote:
>> The Apache Directory Team is proud to announce the availability of the
>> 1.0.0-M15 version of the Apache Directory LDAP API.
> Are the jars still being published to maven central? I can't seem to find them.
http://search.maven.org/#search|ga|1|g%3A%22org.apache.directory.api%22%20AND%20v%3A%221.0.0-M15%22

Seems to be present.

Note that we renamed the package from shared to api, this is probably
why you dont find them.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-M15 released

Posted by Daniel Fisher <df...@vt.edu>.

Posted by Hendy Irawan <he...@soluvas.com>.
Awesome !

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-M17 released

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
The Apache Directory Team is proud to announce the availability of the
1.0.0-M17 version of the Apache Directory LDAP API.

The Apache Directory LDAP client API is an ongoing effort to provide
an enhanced LDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAP
API (jLdap and Mozilla LDAP API).

This is a schema aware API, with some convenient ways to access a LDAP
server. This API is not only targeting the Apache Directory Server,
but should work pristine with any LDAP server.

It's also an extensible API : new Controls, schema elements and
network layer could be added or used in the near future. It's also
OSGi capable.

Here are the release notes for Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-M17:

  * DIRAPI-135 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-135> - The
    connectiosn may be invalid when we get it from the pool
  * DIRAPI-103 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-103> - the
    PLAIN SASL BindRequest is not supported
  * DIRAPI-80 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-80> - Cannot
    issue a direct operation without having connected to the server

A critical issue has also be fixed in the API which impacts the Apache
Directory Server :

DIRSERVER-1834 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1834> -
Broken backend when using AT with no EQUALITY MR