Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Craig Dupree <cr...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/28 20:27:49 UTC

Re: [austin-cug] Organization Meeting - Austin ACM Special Interest Group on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining

David,

Please slow down, and let the rest of us have a chance to catch up
with you.     You've gone from a simple idea - a group of us getting
together to work on Big Data programming projects - to something that
will require bylaws, and probably a trip or two to a lawyer.  Or maybe
lawyers if one can only advise us to what to do to organize the club,
but cannot address any tax liability questions.   It's not that I
think any of us would be nefarious, but I have been a member of a club
that was informally run like this.  When the organizer died, a lawyer
relative advised his wife to claim the group as a part of the estate,
and to charge us for continued use of the group's name, membership
lists, website, etc.  Even without that concern, there are some
immediate concerns.  What are the responsibilities of the offices
below?  How will the be elected?  How long will they serve?

Craig

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.
Hi there-

I'm happy for your new group, but can you guys take the hbase user
dist-list off this conversation, please?