Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by wi...@us.abb.com on 2001/03/28 09:21:31 UTC

Supporting C++Builder 4 and 5 issues

I am trying to pull together updates for the BCB4 files in CVS and create a
similar BCB5 tree for C++Builder 5 and I would like the community's input on a
few issues...

1.  Am I correct that Visual C++ 6 does not declare the C++ standard type
"wchar_t" as intrinsic like C++Builder does, which allows VC6 to think an
"XMLCh" is the same, while C++Builder thinks they are different?

2.  Given the typedef problem above, is anyone building Xerces under C++Builder
^without^ changing the "XMLCh" typedef in util\Compilers\BorlandCDefs.hpp back
to being "wchar_t"?

3.  MSDN, etc. indicates that the InterlockedCompareExchange API is not
supported on Windows 95, only on later versions.  Secondly, in the
"compareAndSwap" method in util\Platforms\Win32\Win32PlatformUtils.cpp, the
inline assembler section ifdef'ed for VC++ uses instructions that, I think, are
only valid for 80486 and later processors.  Is supporting Windows 95 the reason
we are not using the InterlockedCompareExchange API method?  Additionally, does
Xerces have a stated list of supported processors?