Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Gary <gl...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/08 17:43:42 UTC

Avoid Maintaining ID in Class for 1:1

I have a class, say, Patient, that contains a
reference to another class, say, Physician.

I know that my patient table obviously needs a column
containing the primary key of the physician.  However,
I would like it so my Patient class would only need to
contain a reference to a Physicial object; as I
understand it now, it would also need to maintain a
separate attribute for the physician ID.

Is this correct?  Or is there a way I can configure
OJB to "extract" the physican ID from the physician
object itself (which is referenced from the Patient
object)?

Gary