Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by David Durham <dd...@vailsys.com> on 2005/12/15 17:01:10 UTC

newbie handler question

I'm setting up a relatively simple web services client using axis 1.3,
and I'm receiving an error indicating that I don't have a handler
defined for the body element.  Here's my code:

GetPOStatusLocator locator = new GetPOStatusLocator();
PurchaseOrderStatusPortType getpl = null;
try {

     getpl = new GetPOStatusBindingStub(new
              URL(locator.getGetPOStatusHttpPortAddress()), locator);

} catch (AxisFault e) {
     e.printStackTrace();
} catch (MalformedURLException e) {
     e.printStackTrace();
}
... getpl.getPOStatus(...);

I think the problem is in the construction on the BindingStub, but I
can't didn't find particularly good documentation for creating those.
So, I realize that I'm new to this and I'm probably skipping over
something important in the Axis documentation.  Can anyone point me to
something helpful in the Axis docs, or a particularly good tutorial.

Thanks,

Dave

Re: newbie handler question

Posted by David Durham <dd...@vailsys.com>.
> I think the problem is in the construction on the BindingStub, but I
> can't didn't find particularly good documentation for creating those.
> So, I realize that I'm new to this and I'm probably skipping over
> something important in the Axis documentation.  Can anyone point me to
> something helpful in the Axis docs, or a particularly good tutorial.

I'll go ahead and answer my own question on this one -- I should have
gotten the service from locator instead of trying to construct one by
passing the end point URL, and locator.  Should be potayto vs potahto, I
suppose.  Anyway, on to the next problem ....

-Dave