Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org> on 2018/12/18 05:27:15 UTC

[VOTE] Release 1.5.6, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version
1.5.6, as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to
be deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key with
fingerprint D920A98C [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "release-1.5.6-rc1" [5].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Thomas

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12344315
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-1.5.6-rc1/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1199/
[5]
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flink.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-1.5.6-rc1

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.5.6, release candidate #1

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
Done, removed 1.5.6 fix version from open tickets.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release 1.5.6, release candidate #1

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
Done. I will merge the flink-web PR tomorrow, once 24h have passed so
that the mirrors/maven central can catch up.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
+1

- tested staged maven artifacts and no Hadoop binary release with Beam

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Sure, we don't have to include it in the release notes but can simply add a
warning the 1.5 documentation.
The docs are not tied to a release.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
I agree to not cancel the RC.