Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Allen Brookes <ab...@roguewave.com> on 2004/03/15 18:49:18 UTC

XmlReader

I'm getting the following error when trying to run a test using junit.

unit.framework.AssertionFailedError: SAX2 driver class
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser does not implement XMLReader

What does this mean?  Isn't XmlReader an interface that SAX2 must implement?

Thanks,
Allen

Re: XmlReader

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Allen Brookes wrote:
> I'm getting the following error when trying to run a test using junit.
>
> unit.framework.AssertionFailedError: SAX2 driver class
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser does not implement XMLReader
>
> What does this mean?  Isn't XmlReader an interface that SAX2 must implement?

Yes, and Xerces *does* implement that interface. If you're
getting that error, it means that you're picking up a very
old version of Xerces in your classpath.

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org