Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Puneet Sachar <pu...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/19 07:30:31 UTC

Oracle Problems(help)

Hi Friends

this is Puneet Sachar from India

Can anyone help me out by few tips and suggestions

Here are the questions
1) We load between 4-15 flat files from two different
legacy system into our datawarehouse nightly.as part
of our regular daily audit of the data loads, we need
to verify the record count of the files (sent via
FTP).

All the files are fixed length.Record length vary from
100 characters to more than 3,500 characters.All the
files are in US7ASSCII character set.

The number of records for the narrower files ranges
from less than 50-250,000 the number of records for
"wider" files ranges from 10,000 to 4 million.

Overall file sizes range from several kilobytes to
over 100MB.

Executing "wc-I' on our largest file typically runs in
abouts minute.Getting the actual OS flat-file record
count is the stumper.

I need  to combine these two example cases so that i
can get a record count of all files in a given
directory and have the results stored in databse table

2) You make a function or procedure in your scema like
this

create or replace function puneet return number is
begin
dbms_output.put_line('Puneet');
end;

after some time you replace this function like

create or replace function puneet return number is
begin
dbms_output.put_line('Puneet _changed');
end;

now i want to want to save the intial cosde..some
where..in database or some files in OS

3) See this
create table old_code as
select user username,0 version,sysdate
date,user_source.* from user_source

a) how could the table is created with coloum as 0
'zero'
(i suppose a coloumn cannot start with numeric
character)

b) what is user_source.* stands for?

Please help me

Puneet Sachar

Re: Oracle Problems(help)..2nd message

Posted by "dave@manxsoft" <bu...@manxsoft.net>.

If you are loading into Oracle just look into the SQL Loader log
files to see number of records processed.Otherwise, you can always
implement counting in your FTP component to count as they are written
to disk and store this data. We use both methods. If you are trying
to insure that sent = received then a hash total should suffice.

dave

RE: Oracle Problems(help)

Posted by Puneet Sachar <pu...@yahoo.com>.
Thanx mike

But i thought anyone can hep me here...

anyways thanx for the advice, but i have already asked
these question there also

Take care

puneet

RE: Oracle Problems(help)