Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Darsh <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/28 19:39:36 UTC

Distribute load across multiple storm clusters.

Hi,

Is it possible to to distribute load across 2 clusters if I deploy same
topology to 2 storm clusters with same spout id?

We have 2 separate storm clusters with 0.10.0 version of storm running in 2
different availability zones. We are using storm-kafka spout (with simple
consumer) to process data from kafka and external common zookeeper to store
the kafka offsets.Kafka Topic has  32 partitions. 8  executors(
*parallelism_hint*) for spout in each cluster.

Thanks

Darsh

Re: Distribute load across multiple storm clusters.

Posted by Darsh <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Patrick,

Sorry I think I confused you with my setup. I have separate nimbus for each
storm cluster.

Setup I used for testing,

3 node zk cluster with one node in 3 availability zones.

storm cluster 1=nimbus and 3 supervisor in availability zone 1

storm cluster 2=nimbus and 3 supervisor in availability zone 2

Darsh

Posted by "Patrick.Brinton" <Pa...@target.com>.
Darsh,

Patrick Brinton Sr. Engineer SWLM | ¤Target | 7000 Target Parkway North | Brooklyn Park, MN  55445 | 612.599.6523 (ph) | Patrick.Brinton@target.com<ma...@target.com>