Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Geary <sa...@tri-lakesonline.net> on 2000/08/12 02:03:25 UTC

ifParameterExists and ifParameterNotExists?

Perhaps I'm missing something, but why doesn't Struts have
ifParameterExists and ifParameterNotExists tags? I'm writing some simple
Struts demos, and I've found a need for them.

david

Re: ifParameterExists and ifParameterNotExists?

Posted by David Geary <sa...@tri-lakesonline.net>.
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> David Geary wrote:
>
> > Perhaps I'm missing something, but why doesn't Struts have
> > ifParameterExists and ifParameterNotExists tags? I'm writing some simple
> > Struts demos, and I've found a need for them.
> >

> ifParameterNotNull and ifParameterNull (respectively) have almost the same
> functionality as what these tags would do -- the only difference would be
> handling request parameters where the name was present but had zero length.
> Is that close enough?

Sorry, my fault - I misread the documentation for ifParameterNull.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
David Geary wrote:

> Perhaps I'm missing something, but why doesn't Struts have
> ifParameterExists and ifParameterNotExists tags? I'm writing some simple
> Struts demos, and I've found a need for them.

ifParameterNotNull and ifParameterNull (respectively) have almost the same
functionality as what these tags would do -- the only difference would be
handling request parameters where the name was present but had zero length.
Is that close enough?

> david

Craig