Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/12/31 16:53:18 UTC

[Tapestry Wiki] Trivial Update of "WishList" by BobHarner

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Tapestry Wiki" for change notification.

The "WishList" page has been changed by BobHarner.
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/WishList?action=diff&rev1=100&rev2=101

+ || WARNING: This is outdated content, kept for historical reasons ||
+
  Eirik:
  I'd like to have "web pages" and "controllers" in normal jar projects, so they can be re-used in a number of web applications (war modules) without all that war overlay stuff. That means it must be possible to trigger tapestry loading and request processing (for unit testing) from normal classpath elements without requiring web.xml and the webapp / WEB-INF directories. We write a lot of batch processing stuff in java, deployed as web applications that has web pages for "switches" and "adjustment wheels" only, and it would be really usefull to be able to locate the user interface in the same module as the logic and domain objects it is controlling. Also, it would be simpler to package and deploy http/html-interfaced applications as normal main-method applications with a bundled http library, instead of that awkward appserver integration xml mess.