Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Alan Burlison <Al...@sun.com> on 2009/05/12 02:43:50 UTC

Showstopper bug in 10.5.1.1?

I've just upgraded to 10.5.1.1, and some code that uses
EmbeddedConnectionPoolDataSource40 doesn't seem to work - basically it
appears that the ConnectionEventListener callbacks added to the
PoolConnection objects with addConnectionEventListener never seem to get
called,  which causes connection leaks and pretty rapid application
failure thereafter.

Has anyone else seen this?  it's really late here, but I'll investigate
further in the AM.

--
Alan Burlison

Re: Showstopper bug in 10.5.1.1?

Posted by Alan Burlison <Al...@sun.com>.
Alan Burlison wrote:

> I've just upgraded to 10.5.1.1, and some code that uses
> EmbeddedConnectionPoolDataSource40 doesn't seem to work - basically it
> appears that the ConnectionEventListener callbacks added to the
> PoolConnection objects with addConnectionEventListener never seem to get
> called,  which causes connection leaks and pretty rapid application
> failure thereafter.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?  it's really late here, but I'll investigate
> further in the AM.

I've rolled back to 10.4.2.1 and the problem goes away.

This bug makes 10.5.1.1 unusable in any connection-pooling context such
as JDNI.

Alan Burlison