Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by mahboobeh soleimani <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/27 15:23:29 UTC

very very important and emergency (The requested URL /index.pl was not found on this server.)

Hi every body.

 I have installed apache 1.3.31 and mod_perl 1.28 and
I have used

PerlModule Apache::DBI
> <Files *.pl>
>
>         SetHandler perl-script
>         PerlHandler Apache::PerlRun
>         PerlSendHeader On
> </Files>
>
> in http.conf
>
> but when i enter:

http://localhost/index.pl

apache says :

"The requested URL /index.pl was not found on this
server."

my documentroot is in :
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache/piwi/test/"

and in error-log file i can see :
"[error] /usr/local/apache/piwi/test/index.pl not
found or unable to stat"

could you please guide me?

by the way. how apache can find the location of
index.pl by using <Files> directive?

regards.

M.S.

Re: very very important and emergency (The requested URL /index.pl was not found on this server.)

Posted by Emil Perhinschi <em...@emilper.ro>.
in console check the permissions on index.pl:
ls -l /usr/local/apache/piwi/test/index.pl

you should see something like:
-rwxr-xr-x  1 username groupname 11 Oct 27 16:27 index.pl

the "-rwxr-xr-x" part tels you who can r(ead), w(rite) and e(xecute) the
file index.pl. If instead of "x" and "r" you see "-", you need to change
the permissions this way:

chmod +x /usr/local/apache/piwi/test/index.pl
chmod +r /usr/local/apache/piwi/test/index.pl

Check the user under which apache is running: depending on your
distribution, it could be nobody or www-data or something else. Find it
in httpd.conf, directive "User". Check also the group, in httpd.conf you
find it in directive "Group". If the username and the groupname do not
match the settings from httpd.conf, change the owner of the file this
way (supposing in httpd.conf you find User: nobody and Group:
nogroup; change this to fit your settings):

chown nobody.nogroup /usr/local/apache/piwi/test/index.pl

Read the man pages for chmod and chown (man chmod, for ex.). Read also a
good introduction to linux. If you don't you will find no end for your
troubles.

best luck,

Emil Per.

Posted by Arnaud Blancher <Ar...@ungi.net>.
mahboobeh soleimani wrote:

>Hi every body.
>
> I have installed apache 1.3.31 and mod_perl 1.28 and
>I have used
>
>PerlModule Apache::DBI
>

>><Files *.pl>
>>
>>        SetHandler perl-script
>>        PerlHandler Apache::PerlRun
>>        PerlSendHeader On
>></Files>
>>
>>in http.conf
>>
>>but when i enter:
>>

>http://localhost/index.pl
>
>apache says :
>
>"The requested URL /index.pl was not found on this
>server."
>
>my documentroot is in :
>DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache/piwi/test/"
>
>and in error-log file i can see :
>"[error] /usr/local/apache/piwi/test/index.pl not
>found or unable to stat"

does your apache user or group  have the good right to read and execute
the script ?