Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by carmmello <ca...@globo.com> on 2005/05/06 16:27:56 UTC

Index Fails

I am using a "fat" partition and using FC3.  The other, and smaller, segments were properly indexed.  I have done this before, but it seems that as the segment increases to  some size this problem occurs.
Thanks,
Wilson Melo

Re: Index Fails

Posted by Byron Miller <By...@compaid.com>.
the fat file system may not like some of the names of the index files.
Make sure you use fat32 or a native posix/unix file system

fat may not like the THOUSANDS of files that are created..  in my segments
of a few million documents during the index process i a few thousand files
in the index directory.