Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "E.Gherardini" <e....@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/01 17:32:09 UTC

Camel features depending on Camel Component

Hello everyone,
I am developing a RabbitMQ camel component starting from scratch, using the
RabbitMQ java client as the only basis for the development.

Aside from the RabbitMQ features I am exposing to the users as options in
the route (e.g. ?concurrentConsumers),

I am wondering if there exist general Camel features (e.g. some camel DSL
keywords) which needs to have some support from the component implementation
to work properly.

One of these, I am sure, is the transactional client EIP, with the
"transacted()" keyword (http://camel.apache.org/transactional-client.html).

Can someone point me to those, or give me some directions to address my
reasonings ?

Thanks a lot.

Emanuele

Re: Camel features depending on Camel Component

Posted by Reuben Garrett <re...@gmail.com>.
thanks, Dan!

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 12:16, Ashwin Karpe <ak...@fusesource.com> wrote:

> look for it ... in camel-extras/github.  The component was quite
> compelling and could not be brought into the Apache Camel offering due to
> license restrictions in RabbitMQ.

to Ashwin's point (above), does this mean that elements of the experimental
camel-rabbitmq component do indeed have the potential for inclusion in an
official Camel component, or would this involve more than binary license
compatibility?

https://github.com/lshift/camel-rabbitmq

~ RNPG

Re: Camel features depending on Camel Component

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Friday, March 02, 2012 12:56:40 PM Reuben Garrett wrote:
> RabbitMQ appears to be licensed under MPL 1.1 [1], but there is a new MPL
> 2.0 [2] that is purportedly more Apache-friendly [3].  Are MPL 2.0 projects
> compatible for incorporation in APL projects?  I don't fully understand all
> the intricacies entailed, but perhaps new possibilities will arise [4].

MPL is a category-b license and is OK in binary form.   See:

http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: Camel features depending on Camel Component

Posted by Reuben Garrett <re...@gmail.com>.