Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/19 05:31:21 UTC

Welcome Shawn Heisey as Lucene/Solr committer

I'm pleased to announce that Shawn Heisey has accepted the PMC's invitation to become a committer.

Shawn, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

Once your account has been created - could take a few days - you'll be able to add yourself to committers section of the Who We Are page on the website: <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (use the ASF CMS bookmarklet at the bottom of the page here: <https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark> - more info here <http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html>).

Check out the ASF dev page - lots of useful links: <http://www.apache.org/dev/>.

Congratulations and welcome!

Steve

Re: Welcome Shawn Heisey as Lucene/Solr committer

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Shawn!

Tommaso

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 3/18/2013 10:31 PM, Steve Rowe wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Shawn Heisey has accepted the PMC's invitation to become a committer.
>
> Shawn, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.

I'm a system admin by trade, mostly Linux and Cisco.  I've been poking
around computers since I was tiny ... 35 years ago, my dad brought home
a TRS-80 Model I.  I learned BASIC on that.

My first experiences with Solr were in late 2009 and early 2010 with
version 1.4.0.  I have little exposure to Lucene.  I have been employed
at the same company from 2004 to the present.

I have a small amount of university training in programming (Scheme and
C/C++), everything since then is self-taught.  The language I am most
fluent in is Perl.  I got serious about learning Java less than a year ago.

I look after five children, three of which are legally adults.  Some of
them were not originally mine, but it's all family.

I am honored by this invitation and I hope that I can do something
useful with it.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Welcome Shawn Heisey as Lucene/Solr committer

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidworks.com>.
Congrats Shawn!

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Welcome Shawn!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Shawn!

- Mark

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Shawn!

Posted by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk>.
Welcome and congrats, Shawn!

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Welcome Shawn!

Posted by Christian Moen <cm...@atilika.com>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
Welcome aboard Shawn!

--
Adrien

Re: Welcome Shawn Heisey as Lucene/Solr committer

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Welcome aboard!

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
Glad to have you here, Shawn!

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
Welcome Shawn!

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
Welcome Shawn!

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Shawn!

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce that Shawn Heisey has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Shawn, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio.
>
> Once your account has been created - could take a few days - you'll be
> able to add yourself to committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> website: <http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html> (use the ASF CMS
> bookmarklet at the bottom of the page here: <
> https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark> - more info here <
> http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html>).
>
> Check out the ASF dev page - lots of useful links: <
> http://www.apache.org/dev/>.
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
>
> Steve

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.