Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2003/10/21 15:29:17 UTC

RELEASE document

hi all

in preparation for the upcoming 1.05 release, I'm going to create a RELEASE
document in the Apache-Test directory.  I've attached a preliminary version
here, which is essentially copied from the one for mod_perl (with a few
adjustments).

if I'm missing anything or something isn't right, please speak up.  if it's
mostly right but easier to tweak via CVS, just let me know and I'll commit it.

--Geoff

Re: RELEASE document

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:

>>> 4. Release the package and update links (e.g. mod_perl-1.99_11.tar.gz)
>>>
>>>   a. upload to www.apache.org:/www/perl.apache.org/dist/
>>>
>>>   b. remove releases older by 2 subversions (keep the last one)
>>

>> we don't release Apache-Test on apache.org, but only CPAN. So you can
>> drop 4.
>

> http://perl.apache.org/dist/Apache-Test-1.04.tar.gz

Oops, blame the momentum, as I was releasing it and mod_perl at once. I've
deleted that file from the above URL. Thanks for spotting it ;)

Re: RELEASE document

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
>> 4. Release the package and update links (e.g. mod_perl-1.99_11.tar.gz)
>>
>>   a. upload to www.apache.org:/www/perl.apache.org/dist/
>>
>>   b. remove releases older by 2 subversions (keep the last one)
>

> we don't release Apache-Test on apache.org, but only CPAN. So you can
> drop 4.

http://perl.apache.org/dist/Apache-Test-1.04.tar.gz

?

--Geoff

Re: RELEASE document

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:
> hi all
>
> in preparation for the upcoming 1.05 release, I'm going to create a
> RELEASE document in the Apache-Test directory.  I've attached a
> preliminary version here, which is essentially copied from the one for
> mod_perl (with a few adjustments).
>
> if I'm missing anything or something isn't right, please speak up.  if
> it's mostly right but easier to tweak via CVS, just let me know and I'll
> commit it.

+1 with one comment below

> Instructions for Apache-Test Release Manager
[...]

> 4. Release the package and update links (e.g. mod_perl-1.99_11.tar.gz)
>
>   a. upload to www.apache.org:/www/perl.apache.org/dist/
>
>   b. remove releases older by 2 subversions (keep the last one)

we don't release Apache-Test on apache.org, but only CPAN. So you can drop 4.

The rest looks good.