Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Lagasse, Paul" <pl...@windmill-intl.com> on 2003/04/30 21:38:42 UTC

SSL Config / CA Cert Question

Hi,

	Sorry for the newbie question, but I am having difficulty
configuring Tomcat 4.1(Windows) to work with a certificate from Entrust.net.
If I manually create a certificate with keytool, SSL works fine. I can serve
up the Tomcat pages just fine on port 8443. If I try and import the cert
from the CA as the documentation describes, everything seems to update
properly (no error messages), but when I connect to the admin pages (or any
pages for that matter), I get a 404 error. The certificate I am trying to
import is the same certificate that I installed for IIS on this machine. I
did not generate a CSR using keytool, but the cert files I am importing are
in the proper format and keytool indicates that the root chain cert and the
server cert imported correctly.

Is there some step I am missing? Can I import a cert that I didn't
specifically generate the CSR for with keytool?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Paul R. Lagasse Jr.
Windmill International, Inc.
IT Support / ASP Developer.