Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Mihai Vasilache <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2009/09/07 14:27:40 UTC

Re: providing authorized access to users in repository (the Capability Model vs. ACL)

Hi,

I wrote some explanations on:
http://interfacesdesign.blogspot.com/2009/09/jaas-in-jackrabbit.html

Now i am realizing that my capability model approach it is quite complicated. But anyway... You can try the default jackrabbit acl. it must be much easier.

I like my implementation because is xpath based, i can use variables inside xpath and i do not need to set acl permissions on each node i am creating.

Mihai

From: Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Date: Friday, September 4, 2009, 3:43 PM

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 12:10 PM, simer anand<si...@gmail.com> wrote:
>                   After following much about JAAS tutorials and also
> implemented the Jaas Authentication part  need to know about Jaas
> Authorizations. To do this i read the Jaas Authentication part but don't
> know how to implement it to repository so that different access is to be
> provided to the the nodes depending upon users.

Currently Jackrabbit only uses JAAS for authentication. Authorization
is based on an ACL-system specified in the JCR 2.0 drafts.

You can also extend Jackrabbit with a custom authorization mechanism
(including one based on JAAS) by implementing the internal Jackrabbit
security API.

BR,

Jukka Zitting