Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/19 23:23:14 UTC

question

Hi Guys,

I have the following problem and I am wondering If Nifi can help in the
following scenario. It is not a hard problem but if Nifi can help out of
the box that would be great.

Here is my message flow

​

I have a system U that captures all the messages from A to D and assume
system U never fails.

All messages from A to D are sent in an asynchronous way.
The components such as  A,B,C, D can fail at any time and for simplicity
lets say only one can fail at a time. If so system U will take charge and
emulate as a failed component such that the message flow from A to D will
always be successful and it would look like as though no component failed.

Can I leverage Nifi to do this?

Thanks,
kant

Re: question

Posted by Lee Laim <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kant,

At a high level, Yes, NiFi can facilitate this type of data processing. As
for the specific details of your flow there may be challenges described in
the thread below[1].  All-in-all, I'm confident that NiFi has facilities to
address challenges when they surface, The built-in DetectDuplicate
processor is an example of this[2].

[1] https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/55454/can-nifi-promise-each-
of-the-flowfiles-can-be-proc.html

[2] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.
apache.nifi.processors.standard.DetectDuplicate/

Thanks,
Lee

Re: question

Posted by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com>.