Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Wilcox, Mark" <Ma...@webct.com> on 2003/05/09 00:00:14 UTC

how to "continue" following a 100 status message with a PUT

Hi,
I'm doing a PUT (example code below) to a MS Exchange server (which speaks DAV). I'm not using Slide because I can't seem to get it to NTLM authentication and I only need GET and PUT support for now.

Anyway, when I do PUT, the server returns back with status code of 100 and message "Continue". How exactly should I "continue" with the PUT?

thanks,

Mark

------------
PutMethod put = new PutMethod(putURL);

Header contentHeader = new Header();

contentHeader.setName("Content-Type");

contentHeader.setValue("text/plain");

put.addRequestHeader(new Header("Translate","f"));

put.addRequestHeader(contentHeader);

put.setDoAuthentication(true);

FileInputStream in = null;

try {

//f is defined earlier.

in = new FileInputStream(f);

} catch (FileNotFoundException e) {

// TODO Auto-generated catch block

e.printStackTrace();

}

put.setRequestBody(in);

put.setRequestContentLength((int)f.length());

int status = -1;

try {

status = client.executeMethod(put);

} catch (HttpException e1) {

// TODO Auto-generated catch block

e1.printStackTrace();

} catch (IOException e1) {

// TODO Auto-generated catch block

e1.printStackTrace();

}

System.out.println("status is "+status);

System.out.println("status message is "+put.getStatusText());

Re: how to "continue" following a 100 status message with a PUT

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Mark,

Sounds like you are using alpha-3.  You should upgrade to a recent
nightly build.

Mike