Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Emil Obermayr <no...@tigress.com> on 2003/04/28 08:32:34 UTC

list of error log messages

Hi,

Is it planned to make a list of error log messages with explanations?

Might that be a good idea?

I started to collect the messages with a script from the source. Here is
the result:

http://tigress.com/nobs/apache-error-messages.html

Before I do more work, I'd like to hear some opinions about it.

Bye!

--
Emil "nobs" Obermayr
http://tigress.com/nobs/

Re: list of error log messages

Posted by Emil Obermayr <no...@tigress.com>.
On Montag, 28. April 2003 13:57, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> yep, i've been working on this one for a while.  i'm trying to
> include 'what to do' sections too.

Allthough this was not really a "make it so" comment, I finished what I
started. The list should be now somewhat complete and correct. Maybe its
of use for some people till your project will be published:

http://tigress.com/nobs/apache-error-messages.html

The script is available. Just ask if you are interested. Its not
documented (Doh... :-) )

Emil

Re: list of error log messages

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Emil Obermayr wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it planned to make a list of error log messages with explanations?
> >
> > Might that be a good idea?
>
> yep, i've been working on this one for a while.  i'm trying to
> include 'what to do' sections too.

Would you like to provide a little update on the how/what/where of what
you are doing Ken?  I'm sure there are people who might be willing to help
out, and we might also want to provide some links from the docs.

Joshua.

Re: list of error log messages

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Emil Obermayr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it planned to make a list of error log messages with explanations?
>
> Might that be a good idea?

yep, i've been working on this one for a while.  i'm trying to
include 'what to do' sections too.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"