Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Paddy <ak...@yahoo.co.in> on 2004/02/20 10:14:00 UTC

Intialization error?

Hello All

I'm running jetspeed 1.4b4 and I get the below error sometimes when i restart the jvm.  I also see rundata is null for the first Get request and it also sometimes throws [PortalPersistenceService] The current RunData implenetation does not implement the JetspeedRunData interface.
Any inputs greatly appreciated. thanks.

[20 Feb 2004 01:34:48 ERROR] - Could not instantiate tool org.apache.jetspeed.util.template.JetspeedTemplateLink to add to the context
java.lang.ClassCastException
 at org.apache.jetspeed.util.template.JetspeedTemplateLink.init(JetspeedTemplateLink.java:151)
 at org.apache.turbine.services.pull.TurbinePullService.populateWithRequestTools(TurbinePullService.java:478)
 at org.apache.turbine.services.pull.TurbinePullService.populateContext(TurbinePullService.java:406)
 at org.apache.turbine.services.pull.TurbinePull.populateContext(TurbinePull.java:145)
 at org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.getContext(TurbineVelocityService.java:249)
 at org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocity.getContext(TurbineVelocity.java:156)
 at org.apache.turbine.modules.layouts.VelocityDirectLayout.doBuild(VelocityDirectLayout.java:87)
 at org.apache.turbine.modules.Layout.build(Layout.java:91)
 at org.apache.turbine.modules.LayoutLoader.exec(LayoutLoader.java:123)
 at org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:169)
 at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:90)
 at org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:123)
 at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.handleException(Turbine.java:732)
 at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:654)

Re: Intialization error?

Posted by Stijn de Witt <St...@chello.nl>.
I've had this error too...
What server are you using?  I had issues with this and blamed it on memory
leakage in the JVM. I blamed it on JBoss, and switched to tomcat. Since then
I haven't had this error (but then, I got a host of other ones...:)...

To get to the log:
jetspeed/WEB-INF/log/jetspeed.log
(Check the logs in the server deploy dir!! Not in your project source
dir...<g>  :p  )

-Stijn