Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org> on 2004/11/26 16:29:23 UTC

Re: Classpath order

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 13:11, Daniel Frey wrote:
> I have some classpath issues which are (at the moment) only solvable by
> specifying the order of the libraries in the classpath. How do I do that
> with maven?

The order in which you specify your dependencies is the order in which
they are appended to the classpath used. Will that do the trick for you?
Look at org.apache.maven.DependencyClasspathBuilder in CVS. I would give
you the URL but cvs.apache.org seems to be down.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

and sit softly on your shoulder ...

 -- Thoreau

AW: Classpath order

Posted by Daniel Frey <qw...@gmx.ch>.
Seems not to be perfectly true: maven -X jar does deliver a classpath of

E:\Daten\OrderManager\target\test-classes
E:\Daten\OrderManager\target\classes
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Daniel
Frey\.maven\repository\xerces\jars\xercesImpl-2.6.2.jar
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Daniel
Frey\.maven\repository\enhydra\jars\dods-runtime-5.1.15-d.jar
C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Daniel
Frey\.maven\repository\xerces\jars\xerces-2.4.0.jar

So xerces is added at the end with the other library. Additionally I should
be able to have the classes directory.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude
you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit
softly on your shoulder ...

 -- Thoreau