Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Georgy Goshin <go...@inbox.ee> on 2006/04/27 18:04:57 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache's suexec?

Hello!

I have a many name based virtual hosts, is it possible to make that all php
and cgi's script and apache process itself was under specific (virtual site
owners's) user ID and group ID - apache?

Thanks,
G.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache's suexec?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 4/27/06, Georgy Goshin <go...@inbox.ee> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a many name based virtual hosts, is it possible to make that all php
> and cgi's script and apache process itself was under specific (virtual site
> owners's) user ID and group ID - apache?

No.  At least not without a config that involves a front-end apache
dispatching requests (via ProxyPass) to a separate back-end server for
each vhost.

You can easily have cgi scripts (and php if it is running as a cgi)
running under different ids using suexec.  But php as a module and
other request processing will run under the User/Group specified in
httpd.conf.

(Some new mpms like perchild and metux have been proposed to solve
this problem.  But I don't think they ever got to a really usable
state.)

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache's suexec?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 4/28/06, Adrian Perez <ap...@sync.es> wrote:
> I think that you can use suphp or phpsuexec for this action.

Both of these are just different methods of running php as a cgi under
an suexec-like suid launcher.  I'd prefer plain old suexec, since it
is much more widely deployed.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache's suexec?

Posted by Adrian Perez <ap...@sync.es>.
I think that you can use suphp or phpsuexec for this action.

Regars.